How to get started
Depending on what you’re planning to do, we offer different starting points:
The best starting point if you want to check if mosaik is the right tool for your purposes.
We provide easy to use installers which guide you through the installing process. The installer contains everything you need to run the demo: Python, if not already installed, mosaik, and the demo (see below).
The best starting point if you want to create scenarios.
We provide a comprehensive, working Smart Grid simulation consisting of simple Open Source models. You can use it to understand how mosaik works, and to change/expand it by replacing the simple models with more sopisticated ones etc. There are detailed instructions how to install the demo.
- The mosaik demo puts together a scenario containing the following components.
- mosaik-web is a web visualization for mosaik simulations.
- mosaik-pypower is an adapter for the PYPOWER load flow analysis library.
- mosaik-csv and mosaik-householdsim are simple demo simulators that you can use to “simulate” CSV data sets and load-profile based households.
- mosaik-hdf5 is an adapter to store the produced data in a HDF5 data file.
The best starting point if you want to connect your own model or if you want to start from scratch.
We provide a step by step tutorial on how to implement the mosaik-API for a simple simulator. This shows you the principles how to connect simulators to mosaik. In addition it demonstrates how to build a scenario and run a simulation.