How to get started
Depending on what you’re planning to do, we offer different starting points:
The best starting point if you want to create scenarios.
We provide a comprehensive, working Smart Grid simulation consisting of simple Open Source models. You can use it to understand how mosaik works, and to change/expand it by replacing the simple models with more sopisticated ones etc. There are detailed instructions how to install the demo.
- The mosaik demo puts together a scenario containing the following components.
- mosaik-web is a web visualization for mosaik simulations.
- mosaik-pypower is an adapter for the PYPOWER load flow analysis library.
- mosaik-csv and mosaik-householdsim are simple demo simulators that you can use to “simulate” CSV data sets and load-profile based households.
- mosaik-hdf5 is an adapter to store the produced data in a HDF5 data file.
The best starting point if you want to connect your own model or if you want to start from scratch.
We provide a step by step tutorial on how to implement the mosaik-API for a simple simulator. This shows you the principles how to connect simulators to mosaik. In addition it demonstrates how to build a scenario and run a simulation.