After half a year of alpha versions, we are very pleased to finally release mosaik 2.0!
Changes in this version:
- [NEW] A lot of documentation improvements.
- [NEW] mosaik.util.connect_randomly(): a utility method that randomly connects two sets of entities with each other.
- [CHANGE] The mosaik logo was slightly updated. It now uses plain colors instead of gradients.
- [CHANGE] The Sim API version and mosaik’s package version are now separated. Sim API versions are always integer numbers, while semantic versioning is used for the Python package (issue #17).
- [CHANGE] The default timeout for starting and stopping external simulator processes was raised to ten seconds.
- [CHANGE] mosaik.simulator was renamed to mosaik.scheduler to avoid confusion with the actual simulators.
- [CHANGe] Entiy and World.entity_graph now also contain the simulator name, because the model name may not be globally unique.
- [FIX] issue #16: When a simulator unexpectedly closes it socket, its name will now be printed to ease debugging.
We still have a lot more ideas for new features, but by now we consider mosaik ready enough for a broader audience.
The mosaik-demo was also updated and uses mosaik 2.0 now.
To get the new version, run pip install -U moasik from within your mosaik virtualenv. If you have any questions or feedback, please come to our mailing list.